Monday 14 July 2008

Good grief...Time flies...

I can't believe it's so long since I wrote. Mind you, I've been computerless for a few days, a victim of the Windows XP update/Zone Alarm firewall collision. All sorted now, but the computermending man has put something else as a firewall/anti virus and I'm not sure that I like it...

Not only that but I have been struggling to learn how to record myself at home. Got all the bits, got the program, but I have hit a snag and I'm getting bored with it all now. I think I need to be recording with someone else listening and saying, 'do this, try that...'. We'll see. Perhaps I'll get the hang of it all.

I went to Cornbury and saw Paul Simon sing. I forgot to take my wellies and my feet were frozen. It was also a vast distance from the car park to the arena (and back) and uphill in places. I have problems breathing and talking on flat ground, and hills are a real problem so I was distinctly lacking in oxygen by the time I got there. And it was soggy and freezing cold. What fun eh? However I met up with friends and watched (well, just heard, really) Mr Simon and then trotted home again.... I'm not very good at this festival lark, I'm afraid...

A nicer visit yesterday to Adderbury's Party in the Park.. lots of local bands playing including 'Harlequinn' and they all sounded great. And the scones with cream and jam were gorgeous...

A drum track has been added by Pat Mastelotto to a couple of the tracks on my new album and has made them sound amazing...

What else? Got to post stuff to Dan the boat boy who is currently on a canal up north. Manchester I believe.... more later..

No comments: